Sunday, March 8, 2009

coming soon to a mouth near you...

Two weekends ago, I took my first trip to the great state of Idaho to take a class on how to administer local anesthesia (to numb people's mouths). Lucky for me, my parents also wanted to take a trip to Pocatello, ID, which meant I didn't have to drive (Yay!)

The class was Friday, Saturday and Sunday-to which Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning were spent "practicing" our injections. With only seven of us in the class and no patients lined up to get numb, we all took turns receiving the injections. Yes, it hurt sometimes. And yes, I was numb for an hour afterwards.

So now I wait for the Nevada Dental Board to give me the "ok" to start injecting. Until then, I'll keep waiting.

3 comments:

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

YIKES! I hate that numbing stuff. You are BRAVE to do the practicing on each other!

Anonymous said...

Did you have to take your boards? I hated the anesthesia boards so I hope the class is all they require.

emily Stoddard said...

Awesome. I love giving injections! weird, i know, but i love it. I was numb all summer in anesthesia class. Good luck on anesthesia boards! I take them on april 30!