Sunday, March 8, 2009

Cinnamon Bears Brought Us Together

There was one girl in college that I could always count on to either one, always have chocolate covered cinnamon bears in her purse or two, was always willing to go pick some up.
Friday was no exception.


This last Friday I met up with my friend Susie from college. We lived across the hall from each other for three years and being that she was from Henderson, NV, we were instant friends. We love many of the same things including Maverik Frozen Yogurt, Becca Hoffein's Oatmeal Cake, and of course, Chocolate Covered Cinnamon Bears. In fact, in my desperation one year ago, Suz was the first one to send me a 2+lb bag of these little treats.


So. Fast forward. Susie and her husband, Neils, moved here to Vegas in August and we haven't got together till this weekend. We met up at Cafe Rio so that I could give her her birthday present. And in classic Susie fashion, she brought me a present too!
Anyway, we ate, we chatted, we laughed.


Then I opened my gift first. Cinnamon bears.

She says,
"I know they are not chocolate covered. They don't sell them here."

"Oh, that's too bad," I reply.


Then she opens her gift from me, Chocolate Covered Cinnamon Bears.

We laugh.

I tell her Smith's Grocery Store sells them-but only select Smiths. I've checked.


And that's when I knew we were friends.



2 comments:

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

I LOVE cinnamon bears but I've never had chocolate covered ones. I bet those are FANTASTIC. I never go to Smith's though. :( Does the Smiths close to us sell them?

Niels and Susie Jensen said...

Would you still be my friend if I told you I am already half way through my box?! Now that I now I can get them here, I don't have to savor every morsel!

So good to see you Baugh. Looking forward to next month's gathering!