Sunday, March 8, 2009

"Miles for Better Smiles" 5K Run

On Saturday, I ran in the UNLV Dental School's 1st Annual Miles for Better Smiles 5K run. Proceeds went to the school to assist patients who can not afford dental treatment. The weather was sunny however, chilly morning 30 mph winds almost made me rethink running! But I'm so glad that I did! After the race we received free 5 minute massages! Well worth the cold!


I met a new friend a church whom I invited to run with Janelle and me. Her name is Chelsea and she's from Albany,NY. The cold didn't even phase her. Hence the tank top. Even the hard core runners had long sleeve shirts on.


Also, I had a high school friend and fellow RC Willey employee, Jill Hales, join us as well.




***Pre-Race Photo***

Please note the hunching of everyone's body posture--just trying to stay warm!






***Post-Race Photo***


Still freezing as the winds blew on our sweaty backs.

3 comments:

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Good job on running that much! You're my hero! You look so glowy and happy after your run!

mathistown said...

I am so jealous of people who can run (long, short, AT ALL) because I am not one of them!! Way to go JB. I've been wondering what you've been up to lately, as you've neglected your loyal blog followers! :) Keep 'em comin'!

Jaden and Stacy said...

For just running that much you look great. You don't look like you've ran at all. Good job on running that. I am hoping that in a while after I have healed i can do some running. lose the baby weight. I miss ya, I hope all is well. love ya girl!