Sunday, January 27, 2008

My Friend Vera




This is Vera. I met her in September when she was a patient of mine and we've been friends ever since. We went for pizza on Saturday. Here are some unique things about her...
  1. She moved here from Czechoslovakia in 1970 with her husband, who died in 2000.
  2. She loves earrings from the dollar store.
  3. She loves Elvis Presley and Clark Gable.
  4. She has no family here in Bridgeport.
  5. When talking she frequently hits me ( I think it's a cultural thing).
  6. She comes into the clinic every Monday at 8:30 am to get her blood pressure taken.
  7. She brings me a stick of gum every Monday.
  8. She gave me a 30oz bottle of Softsoap Hand Soap for Christmas.
  9. She is afraid to ride in elevators( so I have to meet her in the lobby every Monday to ride with her) cause she heard on the news of someone who was stuck in an elevator for 2 days.
  10. Her favorite holiday is Valentine's Day cause it's the day she got married.
  11. She's lived in the same little 3rd Floor Apt. for 38 years.

I could go on and on about her!





Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Val and Dan said...

Awww! Jillian, that was the cutest blog post ever. Vera is lucky to find such a good friend. And might I just say, by the way, that you are looking especially radiant! The color, the necklace, the hair, the teeth... And have you been working out? Lookin good!

Jill said...

Thanks Val! You might want to note, I wear turtlenecks now...in honor of you...

mathistown said...

Jill! I thought I didn't have your blog address anymore for a while because my computer (read: hair dryer with a keyboard) has been weird. Then I had a belatedly brilliant idea to find it on Laura's. So now I'm all caught up! You are so cute, and so sweet, and I miss you like crazy. I hope you'll come to Salt Lake one of these days, or we'll have to come to Vegas. Love ya lots!!

kate said...

remember Lucy on our volleyball team from the czech republic? she was so funny. why was she even in henderson?