In July, we had our annual Baugh family reunion in Tropic UT. We ate, we crafted, we hiked, and we ate. The Utah Jazz mascot even came to visit!
At one point, my niece Quinn, and I went to the grocery store to pick up something and as we are walking out she says,
Q: "I really want to go to art gallery right now."
J:{me thinking in my head: uh, tropic, ut is population 400. Not quite a booming metropolis. And really, an art gallery? you're six.} "Uh, that would be fun but I don't think I've ever seen an art gallery in Tropic."
Q: "oh. okay. "
Just as I am about to pull out, I look a few stores over and what's there, an art gallery. I smiled and we went in. It was fun to hear her explanations and feelings of the artwork. We got to meet the gallery owner and even one of the featured artists. It was totally random and ironic but I love doing that with my little cultured 6-year old niece!
At one point, my niece Quinn, and I went to the grocery store to pick up something and as we are walking out she says,
Q: "I really want to go to art gallery right now."
J:{me thinking in my head: uh, tropic, ut is population 400. Not quite a booming metropolis. And really, an art gallery? you're six.} "Uh, that would be fun but I don't think I've ever seen an art gallery in Tropic."
Q: "oh. okay. "
Just as I am about to pull out, I look a few stores over and what's there, an art gallery. I smiled and we went in. It was fun to hear her explanations and feelings of the artwork. We got to meet the gallery owner and even one of the featured artists. It was totally random and ironic but I love doing that with my little cultured 6-year old niece!
5 comments:
Sorry. We can't help but nerd our kids up. I guess 'cultured'is the better word. She had been talking about an art gallery since Panguitch. Thanks for taking her.
For some reason my blog never tells me when you've updated, but it did today! I missed a bunch of great posts. Love your blog. I hope things are going well for you!
Cute! I love moments like that. What a good aunt you are.
Would you be willing to share your cinnamon roll recipe with me?
send.that.to.me@gmail.com
Is your family from Tropic? I know the Riddles and their daughter and her family whose name I can't think of. They have a large family. Know them?
Thanks Rachel! And Amye, first of all, I love that you read my blog and second, I don't know them but I'm sure my dad does! I'll ask him!
Post a Comment