Here's a breakdown of the events:
Swim: ok, so it prolly would have been a good idea to first train in a wet suit and second actually train in the lake that we swam prior to the race. That being said, I was a little nervous jumping into the water! It took me a couple minutes to get my breathing down. Then halfway through the swim, the water go really choppy and every time I turned my head to snag a breath, I would swallow a wave! But the final stretch wasn't too wavy so I was able to finish strong!
Transition 1: Running up a hill in a wet suit is not fun. But the random male spectator yelling at me to lay on the asphalt and then ripping my wet suit off was definitely appreciated!
Bike: I love to cycle. I think by like mile 8 it finally hit me that this was like a competition! I was doing great with the bike but maybe enjoying the scenery and the breeze in my face a little more than I should have!
Transition 2: my legs felt like jello. Grabbed a sip of Gatorade and I was off.
Run: The course took us up in the steep mountains behind the hotel. The trail was rocky and dusty. It was also spectator free which is good and bad. I really appreciated the random 10 year-olds on the street cheering for you!
Crossing the finish line was a great feeling of accomplishment and definitely motivated me to want to do more! This is the first New Year's resolution I think I've actually followed through on! My overall time was 1:49mins and is the time to beat on my next tri!
15 comments:
Ahhhhh JIlly you are amazing!!! I am so proud of you!! I am going to need to call you to hear all of the details. PS: you look way too beautiful in all of these pictures to have just finish a triathalon!!
You rock girl! That's a huge accomplishment, and I am very proud of you!!! You are a true inspiration to me.
Good job Jill. I sit here 7.5 months pregnant thinking "I couldn't run if someone was chasing me with a gun!" (Let alone swim and bike ride.
You rock, congratulations!
I am so proud of you! You worked hard to reach the goal and I am thrilled it was a rewarding experience for you. My only regret was I couldn't be at the finish line to see you cross it.....Next year!
Love ya,
Jill! You are awesome. I wish I lived in Vegas so I could have you motivating me to train. You look gorgeous, too!
That's so awesome! Way to go
You are so tough! Congratulations! A tri sprint sounds like fun, but I think the swimming would kill me. I remember doing swim team when I was in junior high and being super tired after like 100 meters. Great job!
you are amazing! i am completely inspired! i wish i was there to do it with you! GO JILL!!!!
my word, jill! that's a great time, and sounds almost fun. good work! (p.s. you look FANTASTIC)
Lookin' good Jill. I am very impressed!!
Hi Jill! This is Desirae. I was on Taryn's blog and I saw Jill and decided to check if it was you and it was, so I thought I would say hi. That is so awesome that you completed a triathlon. What an awesome accomplishment! Anyways, I hope all is well. I haven't talked to you in forever but I wanted to say hi and way to kick butt!
WOw! Jill! I am so impressed. I really don't think that I could do that. I will have to work really hard to even come close to being able to do that. YOu inspire me!
That's my Jillian! That-a-girl! You and Janelle look totally hard core, by the way. Seriously!
You are amazing! I love the idea, motivation, and some-what training. I'm really interested in this guy ripping a wet suit off you??!! Hmm. Did I understand that right? Now that is motivation to go next year!
You rock girl! I can't believe you did this! Sorry I am so behind on reading your blog but I have a good excuse! LOL New baby seems to take up a LOT of my time if you know what I mean.
Post a Comment